Thursday, July 20, 2006

Popcorn

Sweet and dull Yet unmistakable How such a simple sent, Can make me so recall, I do not know But I recall the theaters of youth Why should a cinema bring me to this? I hear the laughs of adolescent girls The sneer and glee The dreams of what is, Attractions to what ot’ a be Playing it cool, Searching for meaning with out meaning to! The confusion of young movie dates The two sides, Opposite in thought But in action they are one How the fuck can that work? People so confused Granted they be young But, as they grow They learn new shit in which to muse I see so many things, In this simple thing Faces from my past People I’ve known Faces I’ve seen Hearts I’ve seen broken And mended again (and again) What is the worst, That this might be, All of humanities curse All of lives, wandering round Doing our best, to keep thought on the ground Screaming for what we want at the top of our lungs And Always sing the same old song All ways getting the same old wrong ………………………… Never knowing It’s all our wrong

No comments: